A District Conference is a golden opportunity to connect and grow on your path to communication and leadership excellence. It inspires the best in ourselves and others. The conference is where we come together to compete, learn, network, and socialize! In addition to speech contests, conferences offer members inspiring keynote speakers and educational workshops. Contests are part of our tradition and a key component of the Toastmasters International member experience. Contests help members to step outside of their comfort zone, test their skills, and receive recognition for their accomplishments both inside and outside of the club meeting environment. Competition begins with club contests and winners continue competing through the area, division, and district levels.
- The chance to learn from the best speakers
- Educational workshops on leadership and club management to enrich your skills
- District Finals for the Humorous and International Speech Contest
- District Council Meeting with elections of the new district leaders
- Award ceremony to include DTM
- Networking with Toastmasters from throughout Georgia and beyond
- Gifts and prizes and preservation of memories through the Conference Souvenir booklet
- Social events before, during and after the Conference
While session topics vary from conference to conference, they are not for the passive! You will hear poignant tales and participate actively in workshops. Please let us know what you think. Your evaluation contributes towards presenting outstanding and relevant topics. Sessions may include a Question-and-Answer period, typically at the end of the presentation.
Attend sessions. Go with a friend. Make it a point to meet new people. Take lots of notes. Ask questions. Volunteer to deliver a session at a future conference. Volunteer to do anything. Have fun!
The conference has several functions—educational activities, contests, district business meetings, networking, and more. Some people wear business casual or a casual suit to all events. Jeans and shorts are occasionally seen, but not often. Others wear different styles of dress for different events: business casual for educational sessions, the business meeting, and contests, dressier clothes for the evening dinner. At the Saturday dinner you may see everything from business casual to tuxedos and cocktail or formal dresses. Distinguished Toastmasters usually wear their DTM ribbons that evening.
The following safety protocols will be implemented:
- Face masks
- Proof of negative COVID-19 test (24 hours in advance of the conference)
- Temperature check
- Social distancing
- Hand and equipment sanitizing