Club Growth Director Candidate 2022-2023
Candidate’s Name: Versandra Kennebrew, DTM
Toastmasters member since: June 2016
- Associates of Applied Science (Mental Health)
- Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Certified Myomassologist
Toastmasters offices held and terms of service:
- Division F Division Director Jul. 01, 2020 – Current
- 8710 Talk Masters Toastmasters Club Vice President Membership Jul. 01, 2020 – Jun. 30, 2021
- Area 31 Area Director Jul. 01, 2019 – Jun. 30, 2020
- Area 16 Area Director Jul. 01, 2018 – Jun. 30, 2019
- 2441465 Ardyss Toastmasters Club – Atlanta President Jul. 01, 2018 – Jun. 30, 2019
- 2441465 Ardyss Toastmasters Club – Atlanta Vice President Education Jul. 01, 2017 – Jun. 30, 2018
- 2441465 Ardyss Toastmasters Club – Atlanta Vice President Public Relations Jul. 01, 2016 – Jun. 30, 2017
Toastmasters honors and recognition:
- Beyond Limits Award 2021
- Ardyss Toastmasters Club Toastmaster of the Year
- Club President’s Award
- DTM X 2
- 2 years Select Distinguished Area Director
- 4 times Triple Crown
Relevant work experience and how it relates to Toastmasters and your role as a District leader:
- Served on the board of directors for Coalition of Temporary Shelter and Gateway Center supporting the administrative operations of multi-million dollar non-profit budgets and assuring the homeless residents were treated with respect and dignity.
- Served as AmeriCorps VISTA I Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist, National Service volunteer bridging the gap between a youth development non-profit organization and the parents and community they serve through events and communication. Liaison between non-profit and local government.
- 4-years experience as a Toastmasters district leader mentoring and coaching Area Directors and Club Officers in their leadership roles.
- Select Distinguished Area Director distinction 2 consecutive terms.
- 4-years experience in Television and radio broadcasting and production experience.
What experience do you have in strategic planning?
- More than 20-years experience in retail store management including strategic planning, capacity building, recruitment and team development.
- Contributed to the success plans and strategy of nearly 20 Toastmasters Clubs, several which were challenged clubs needing to be resurrected from as little as 3 members.
- Contributed to the Division F success plan and strategy to keep clubs healthy during a global health crisis.
What experience do you have in the area of finance?
More than 20-years experience managing budgets and business finances as a wellness entrepreneur.
What experience do you have in developing procedures?
I developed procedures for my new wellness startup.
What lessons did you learn from previous leadership positions?
I enjoy the process of building and chartering new Toastmasters clubs.
Why do you want to serve as a District leader?
I want to master the role of Club Growth Director as I prepare for a future role of Region Advisor.
In your opinion, what are the District mission’s major objectives and how would you work to achieve them?
The District’s mission major objectives include supporting strong healthy clubs and building new strong healthy clubs. I will continue to work toward this goal through proven and innovative strategies that build cohesive teams on a unified mission.
Additional information about yourself:
I love live jazz, traveling, and exploring in nature.