In the 1940′s, Harry Jaffe, an Alabaman, introduced Toastmasters to Georgia.
In December 1944, the first club was chartered, club #289, the Henry W. Grady Club.
In 1966, John Lister became the editor of the first District 14 Newsletter. Originally called The Rebel Rouser, the name is now The Georgia Gavel.
In 1969, the first District 14 Toastmaster of the Year award was presented to P. Greg McCarthy, a member of the Georgia – Carolina club #2523. At that time, the District had only three Divisions: Northern, Southern and Eastern.
In the District year 1968–69, the first Communication award for a non-Toastmaster was presented to Dr. Noah Langdale, President of Georgia State University in Atlanta.